NIHR Research for patient benefit social care funding roadshow event
Date and time:
8 October 2019 ,
10.30 am to 3.30 pm
Location: Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester, , M1 4PH
The NIHR will be investing in future social care research with annual funding calls via the Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) programme. The next call is planned to launch in September and will follow a similar format to the first call, however to give it a clearer social care identity it will be launched as Research for Social Care (RfSC).
The RfSC call will have a budget of £3 million. A draft specification document for the call is available, but details will be confirmed once launched in September.
The Research Design Service (RDS) is running regional events which will offer an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of RfSC funding. Attendance at these events is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Researchers currently developing, or considering developing, a proposal for submission to RfSC for funding are invited to take advantage of a one-to-one appointment to discuss their proposed research idea or study.
The Research Design Service North West will be hosting one of the events in Manchester on 8 October.
Visit the NIHR website for details on the other events around the country.
- 10:30-11:00 Arrival and registration
- 11:00-11:05 Welcome introduction
- 11:05-11:45 NIHR RfPB social care call specification – Ben Morgan, Assistant Director, RfPB and NIHR Research Schools
- 11:45-12:00 Overview of the support that NIHR RDS can provide – Professor Chris Hatton, Deputy Director RDS NW
- 12:00-12:15 Overview of the support that the NIHR CRN Study Support Service can provide – Amy Barratt, Industry Operations Manager, CRN Greater Manchester
- 12:15-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-14:00 Panel discussion – Panel comprising of NIHR School for Social Care research, RfPB, RDS and CRN representatives
- 14:00–15:30 Networking and opportunity for 1:1 questions – Tea and coffee, Representatives from RDS North West team available to answer questions