- NIHR Policy Research Programme Working Age Consultation Event
24 Oct 2019 - London
The NIHR Central Commissioning Facility and the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) are running this event in London to inform a research specification for a future funding round and allow networking and potential collaborations for individuals from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
- Developing Funding Proposals in Applied Health & Social Care: NIHR Funding Programmes
30 Oct 2019 - Burnley
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit an application to National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funding programmes.
What will you get from the day?
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW and others can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have at least an outline idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with RDS NW advisers and others.
You can download the event programme here.
Book a place
Register for this event here (this links takes you to an external website, Eventbrite).
- Innovative Approaches to Public Involvement and Engagement in Research
5 Nov 2019 - Preston
The event will focus on different methods adopted in the projects to actively involve the public. This includes using arts based storytelling as well as participatory research techniques as a vehicle for co-producing data analysis and outputs.
- NIHR opportunities in speech and language therapy event
18 Nov 2019 - London
The NIHR Research Design Services will be hosting this event and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists will be providing support for anyone interested in conducting research in the field of speech and language therapy at any stage of their career from novices to those looking for sizeable grants. The day will be suitable for clinicians, academics and third sector staff. You will hear from people who have been successful in securing funding from NIHR, an outline of their projects and their experiences of the application process, how the RDS and RCSLT’s can help and support you and the opportunity to meet with NIHR research advisers for individual sessions.
- How to be a good Chief Investigator
19 Nov 2019 - Liverpool
A free one day training workshop event for newly funded Chief Investigators of randomised clinical trials. Includes presentations from experienced chief investigators, clinical trial units, trial funders and trial methodologists.