- Public Involvement in Research in the North West - Creating Inclusive Research
14 Mar 2019 - Warrington
Public Involvement in Research in the North West – Creating Inclusive Research
14 March 2019 – The Pyramid, Cultural Quarter, Palmyra Square S, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1BL
This event is now full.
A National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) collaborative event on Thursday 14 March 2019 at The Pyramid, Warrington.
About the event
Are you a researcher, health or social care professional, post-graduate student or public contributor in health and social care? Are you interested in developing your understanding of how considering health inequalities and diversity and inclusion in public involvement, can help in your work?
In this, the second of two NIHR North West events, we will focus on learning from case studies across the North West where diverse and inclusive approaches to patient and public involvement have been employed. We will also consider how to take health inequalities into account when involving patients and the public.
The event is being organised collaboratively by NIHR Research Design Service North West, NIHR INVOLVE and the Public Programmes Team at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and NIHR CLAHRC NW Coast.
- To provide attendees with insight into national strategic priorities around diversity and inclusion in patient and public involvement in research.
- To showcase work being undertaken in the North West on diversity and inclusion in patient and public involvement in research.
- To provide opportunities for shared learning on diversity and inclusion in patient and public involvement in research e.g. to understand the key challenges and showcase facilitators in this area of work.
- To provide attendees with the opportunity to explore if and how they can use the Health Inequalities Impact Tool in their work involving patients and the public in research.
Register to attend
Register using the Eventbrite booking page here (opens an external website).
- Developing funding proposals in applied health and social care: NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) funding programme
20 Mar 2019 - Liverpool
Developing funding proposals in applied health and social care: NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) funding programme
20 March 2019 – The Foresight Centre, University of Liverpool, 1 Brownlow Street, Liverpool, L69 3GL
This one-day event, organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW), is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England. The event is specifically for those who want to develop and submit an application to National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) funding programme.
The morning session will cover:
- remit of the RfPB Programme and funding available
- what funders are looking for in a submission to the programme
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- how to build a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW can provide in the preparation of your application
- wider network support communities.
In the afternoon, there will be an advice “Marketplace” offering:
- the opportunity to chat about your planned RfPB application with RDS NW advisers
- one to one advice on subjects including trial design, health economics, statistics, qualitative research methods and public involvement.
If you are intending to develop and submit an application to RfPB Programme, this event is for you. To benefit most from this event and for the afternoon Marketplace, you will need to:
- have an outline idea of your research plans
- be prepared to discuss your ideas with an RDS NW adviser and others.
Register here to attend, using the Eventbrite booking page (opens an external website).
- NIHR School for Social Care Research: Annual conference 2019
11 Apr 2019 - London
The NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR) will be holding its next annual conference on 11 April 2019 in London. Alongside plenaries and presentations of findings, they will be celebrating 10 years of the School! Further details will be available soon. #SSCR2019
- NHS R&D Forum Annual Conference
12 May 2019 - Brighton
The NHS R&D Forum is delighted to announce that the 2019 Annual NHS R&D Forum Conference will be held on the 12th to the 14th May 2019 at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton. Over 600 people attended the 2018 Conference at Celtic Manor, Wales at what was the largest Annual NHS R&D Forum to date.