- Research Design Service: Residential Grant Development and Writing Retreat
10 Sep 2018 - Canterbury
Do you have a great idea for research in health, social care or public health?
Would you or your team benefit from protected time and expert support to develop your idea into a competitive funding application?
The NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) is offering a unique opportunity for health, social care and public health professionals across England to attend a three-day residential Grant Development and Writing Retreat (GDWR) in September 2018.
The purpose of the Retreat is to give busy professionals dedicated time to rapidly progress their research proposal.
Successful applicants are offered a free place at the retreat which will include food and accommodation*.
For further information including:
- more about the event
- activities taking place at the event
- term and conditions
- application assessment criteria
Please visit the GWDR pages on the RDS website here.
*excludes travel to/from Canterbury
- Developing funding proposals in applied health and social care: First grants
11 Oct 2018 - Lancaster
This NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit a funding application.
- This event is intended for people who are less experienced at applying for research funding and may be considering their first research grant submission.
- This event is not suitable for anyone who has previously had a research grant.
- This event will focus on NHS and Social Care Staff or academic staff working with NHS staff to support them on their first grant.
Attending the event will help to make your application stronger and increase your chance of getting your research idea funded.
This is a free event.
You can register for this event here (please note this link takes you to an external website, Eventbrite).
The event programme can be downloaded here (PDF)