- Health and Care Innovation Expo 2019
4 Sep 2019 - Manchester
Health and Care Innovation Expo is the biggest NHS-led event of the year. Held every September at Manchester Central, it attracts around 5,000 people from the NHS, social care, local government, the third sector and the commercial sector.
- North West Clinical Trials Collaborative: Clinical Trial training for Investigators
16 Sep 2019 - Liverpool
The number of clinical trials being conducted has increased, and the need for greater efficiency in design, conduct, analysis and reporting has been recognised in both the public and industry sector.
The programme will include: Trial design, Trial conduct, Recruitment of trial participants, Public and patient involvement, Analysis and reporting, Health informatics and Health economics.
- 5th International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference
6 Oct 2019 - Brighton
This event offers the opportunity for those working in clinical trials to meet and discuss the current issues within trials and trials methodology.
- NIHR Research for patient benefit social care funding roadshow events
8 Oct 2019 - Manchester
- Developing Funding Proposals in Applied Health & Social Care: NIHR Funding Programmes
30 Oct 2019 - Burnley
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit an application to National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funding programmes.
What will you get from the day?
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW and others can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have at least an outline idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with RDS NW advisers and others.
An event programme will be available here soon.
Book a place
Register for this event here (this links takes you to an external website, Eventbrite).
- How to be a good Chief Investigator
19 Nov 2019 - Liverpool
A free one day training workshop event for newly funded Chief Investigators of randomised clinical trials. Includes presentations from experienced chief investigators, clinical trial units, trial funders and trial methodologists.