- RDS NW Developing funding proposals in applied health and social care: First grants
11 Mar 2020, Liverpool
This NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) event is intended for people who are less experienced at applying for research funding and may be considering their first research grant submission. This event is not suitable for anyone who has previously had a research grant.
The event will focus on NHS and Social Care staff, and academics working with them, to support them on their first grant.
The event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit a funding application.
What will you get from the day?
Attending the event will help to make your application stronger and increase your chance of getting your research idea funded.
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- what to consider when costing a study
- the support that RDS NW can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that you have at least an outline idea of your research question and you are prepared to discuss your idea with an RDS NW adviser.
Registering and further information
Further information and registration for the event is available here (note this link takes you to an external website).