- NIHR Research for patient benefit social care funding roadshow events
8 Oct 2019, Manchester
- Developing Funding Proposals in Applied Health & Social Care: NIHR Funding Programmes
30 Oct 2019, Burnley
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit an application to National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funding programmes.
What will you get from the day?
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW and others can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have at least an outline idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with RDS NW advisers and others.
An event programme will be available here soon.
Book a place
Register for this event here (this links takes you to an external website, Eventbrite).
Research Design Service North West
Providing design and methodological support to health and social care researchers in the North West of England to develop grant applications to the NIHR and other open national peer-reviewed funding programmes.Request advice
Latest RDS NW videos
- New review highlights evidence on how to increase physical activity in everyday life 10 July, 2019
- Finger-prick blood test at GP surgery could safely reduce antibiotic use in patients with COPD 10 July, 2019
- New NIHR Applied Research Collaborations to tackle the biggest challenges faced by the health and care system 10 July, 2019
- Cancer study to ease plight of people at advanced stages of illness 9 July, 2019
NIHR Funding deadlines
Email list sign up
Receive information/news about the RDS NW and other information of relevance.