- Developing funding proposals in applied health and social care: First grants
3 Jun 2019, Salford
Registration now open.
A Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) support event
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit a funding application.
This event is intended for people who are less experienced at applying for research funding and may be considering their first research grant submission. This event is not suitable for anyone who has previously had a research grant,
This event will focus on NHS and Social Care staff, or academic staff working with NHS staff, to support them on their first grant.
What will you get from the day?
Attending the event will help to make your application stronger and increase your chance of getting your research idea funded.
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- what to consider when costing a study
- the support that RDS NW can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have at least an outline idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with an RDS NW adviser.
Book a place
Register for this event here (this links takes you to an external website, Eventbrite).
A full programme for this event will be made available here soon.
Parking in the area is limited. We would suggest tying Stott Lane Car Park (Council pay & display). We are aware that the site can be quite bad for traffic jams e.g. having an effect on booked taxis turning up on time.
If you require a disabled parking spaces please let RDS NW know.
Public transport links to Salford Royal are good – the venue is accessible by tram, train and bus:
Research Design Service North West
Providing design and methodological support to health and social care researchers in the North West of England to develop grant applications to the NIHR and other open national peer-reviewed funding programmes.Request advice
Latest RDS NW videos
- New ways to measure brain diseases 17 April, 2019
- NIHR research identifies who’s most likely to need knee replacement surgery redone 17 April, 2019
- Developing the talent pool of Infection Early Career Researchers 17 April, 2019
- Clevedon dad Jeffery talks about the decision to include his daughter Kaitlyn in the CAP-IT study at University Hospitals Bristol 17 April, 2019
NIHR Funding deadlines
Email list sign up
Receive information/news about the RDS NW and other information of relevance.