New guidance for payment for Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
This new guidance has been compiled for a wide audience, but in particular it will be of value to:
- researchers who need to cost public involvement activities at any stage of the research process
- anyone in a professional role involved in costing public involvement, advising researchers on budgeting for involvement or who has an interest in the topic
- public contributors who want to know how their involvement in research is costed
- research advisors/managers who provide guidance to the research community about involvement
- commissioners of research who invite funding applications from the research community
- reviewers and panel members who appraise research projects with costed involvement activities
NIHR has developed a separate guidance document aimed at public contributors.
You can access the slides from the webinar here.