A Half Day Specialist Workshop.
- Date 24 November 2009
- Venue Harris Conference and Function Centre, Preston
- 09:30 - 10:00 - Refreshments and Registration.
- 10:00 - 10:05 - Introduction: Welcome, Objectives of Workshop Agenda - Catherine Gedling, Deputy Director of NIHR Research Design Service for the North West.
- 10:05 - 10:35 - Case History: Previous Successful Applicant Description of Pathway to Successful Award – Philipa Olive.
- 10:35 - 11:05 - How to be Successful: Formal Presentation on the Types of Awards Available, Factors Promoting Success, Pitfalls to be Avoided – Dr Sara Mallinson.
- 11:05 - 12:00 - Open Question and Answer Session with Dr Sara Mallinson and Philipa Olive.
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch, served in the Jacson Exhibition Hall.