This new resource, produce by the Research Design Service North West, aims to help you ensure an application for funding for a trial includes key considerations at each stage e.g. trial design, costs, conduct, reporting and analysis. The focus is to support clinical trials but many aspects of the guidance...
When Sir Bruce Keogh was NHS Medical Director, he commissioned a guide to the NHS for junior doctors. At the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management conference in October 2013, he committed to updating this guide to reflect the changes in the new NHS. NHS England have today fulfilled this...
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is committed to making sure that each research study it funds has a clear and concise plain English summary. It is important that this information explains the research as a whole and is easy to read and understand. From 14 May 2014 a good...
This site offers a resource for clinical researchers and funders wishing to identify Clinical Trials Units (CTUs) that have expertise in centrally coordinating multicentre clinical trials, as well as in trial design, data management, and analysis. It provides comprehensive information and direct access to high quality CTUs across the UK...
- Journal: Research Involvement and Engagement1 July 2015 This open access journal is an interdisciplinary, health and social care journal focussing on patient and wider involvement and engagement in research, at all stages.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE: Improving the nation’s health and wellbeing through public involvement in research8 April 2015
- Planning a study14 October 2014
- NHS European Office’s Clinical Trials webpage3 October 2014
- Data Protection and Research Data: Questions and Answers (21 August 2014)4 September 2014
- Understanding the new NHS17 July 2014
View all links in our link library.
View all NIHR funding announcements here.
- Developing proposals for Research for Patient Benefit - mock panel event 10 Jul 2015, Liverpool RDS NW Event
This mock panel event is one of a series organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) to support bids that are near to submission. The aim is to give researchers a better [...]
- NHS R&D North West conference – Let’s Talk Research17 Sep 2015, Bolton
- Researching complex interventions in health14 Oct 2015, Exeter
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP)16 Nov 2015, Oxford