NHS England publishes Understanding the new NHS
When Sir Bruce Keogh was NHS Medical Director, he commissioned a guide to the NHS for junior doctors. At the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management conference in October 2013, he committed to updating this guide to reflect the changes in the new NHS.
NHS England have today fulfilled this commitment and published Understanding the new NHS – A guide for everyone working and training within the NHS. Written by five doctors in training, the guide outlines the organisations, systems and processes that define, sustain and regulate the NHS.
The document is an accessible, practical and informative tool for everyone working and training in the NHS, and will be of particular interest and relevance to doctors and clinicians in training.
This guide is a snapshot in time and is correct at the date of issue – June 2014.
Latest research design links
- Planning a study
Developed by RDS South Central, these pages provide lots of information on how to plan a research study. This includes information on Health Economics, costings and study [...]
- NHS European Office’s Clinical Trials webpage
- Data Protection and Research Data: Questions and Answers (21 August 2014)
- Understanding the new NHS
- NHS Trust's R & D contact finder
Latest research design events
- The NIHR School for Social Care Research’s Annual Conference
24 Mar 2015, London
The NIHR School for Social Care Research’s Annual Conference will bring together researchers, policy-makers, managers, commissioners, providers, people who use services, carers and practitioners, among others and provide an opportunity to [...]
- Improving trials by improving trials for patients
15 Apr 2015, Liverpool
- Royal College of Nursing Annual International Nursing Research Conference and Exhibition 2015
20 Apr 2015, Nottingham
- Improving Health By Improving Trials course
27 Apr 2015, Liverpool
- Developing proposals for Research for Patient Benefit - A Research Design Service North West seminar
11 May 2015, Liverpool RDS NW Event