NHS England publishes Understanding the new NHS
When Sir Bruce Keogh was NHS Medical Director, he commissioned a guide to the NHS for junior doctors. At the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management conference in October 2013, he committed to updating this guide to reflect the changes in the new NHS.
NHS England have today fulfilled this commitment and published Understanding the new NHS – A guide for everyone working and training within the NHS. Written by five doctors in training, the guide outlines the organisations, systems and processes that define, sustain and regulate the NHS.
The document is an accessible, practical and informative tool for everyone working and training in the NHS, and will be of particular interest and relevance to doctors and clinicians in training.
This guide is a snapshot in time and is correct at the date of issue – June 2014.
Latest research design links
- Data Protection and Research Data: Questions and Answers (21 August 2014)
Research data containing ‘personal data’ will be subject to UK data protection law. What obligations does the law place on you as a researcher? This document sets out to answer that question and some others you may have. [...]
- Understanding the new NHS
- NHS Trust's R & D contact finder
- Pilot of the Activity Capture and Attribution Template (ACAT), pre application support service and ACAT review process for clinical research grants learning resources
- Being a good research partner: the virtues and rewards
Latest research design events
- NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Research Information Events
1 Oct 2014, Leeds
This event will offer an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR) funding stream. Registration to this event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
The events will be held [...]
- 2nd NWC Connected Health Ecosystem event
8 Oct 2014, Chorley
- Enteric Hackday 2014: New frontiers in GI healthcare technology development
8 Oct 2014, London
- i4i Life Sciences Accelerator programme
14 Oct 2014, Henley-on-Thames
- CLAHRC NWC Evidence Synthesis Information event
22 Oct 2014, Leyland