The NIHR RDS NW PPI Bursary
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service for the North West (NIHR RDS NW) encourages patient and public involvement (PPI) at all stages of research and encourages researchers to budget for PPI in research funding applications. However, we recognise that until research has been funded, researchers may find it difficult to pay for PPI involvement. This bursary scheme has been launched to support the costs of involving patients and the public in the early stages of research, while researchers are in receipt of NIHR RDS NW advice. Involving patients and members of the public at the earliest stage possible will help researchers to present a more compelling case for their study when submitting an application to research funding bodies; and could lead to higher quality research design.
Please visit the bursary page for more information.
Latest PPI links
- NIHR Health Technology Assessment Conference 2013 Presentations
Numerous presentations from the NIHR HTA conference held 9 to 10 October 2013 in [...]
- Public Involvement in Research UK
- Public involvement in research:impact on ethical aspects of research
- Involvement Cost Calculator
- Budgeting for involvement: Practical advice on budgeting for actively involving the public in research studies
Latest PPI events
- Building research partnerships in Cumbria and Lancashire
27 Feb 2014, Preston
This free workshop will outline the different types of research methods and terminology used in research and how the public [...]