The NIHR RDS NW PPI Bursary
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service for the North West (NIHR RDS NW) encourages patient and public involvement (PPI) at all stages of research and encourages researchers to budget for PPI in research funding applications. However, we recognise that until research has been funded, researchers may find it difficult to pay for PPI involvement. This bursary scheme has been launched to support the costs of involving patients and the public in the early stages of research, while researchers are in receipt of NIHR RDS NW advice. Involving patients and members of the public at the earliest stage possible will help researchers to present a more compelling case for their study when submitting an application to research funding bodies; and could lead to higher quality research design.
Please visit the bursary page for more information.
Latest PPI links
- invoDIRECT - an INVOLVE resource
invoDIRECT is an online map on the INVOLVE website. The map displays information on groups and organisations that support public involvement in NHS, public health and social care [...]
- Service User Involvement in Bipolar Disorder Research
- Payment for involvement: a guide to making payment to members of the public actively involved in NHS, public health and social care research.
- About the NIHR Research Design Service North West
- Patient and Public Involvement: Developing training and support
Latest PPI events
- Showcasing Service User Involvement in Mental Health Research: Implementation of Real-Life Collaborations
17 Jun 2013, Manchester
An event to bring together clinicians, academics and service [...]