- The International Festival of Public Health 2016
1 Jul 2016 - Manchester
This international festival in brought to you by The Manchester Urban Collaboration on Health, in association with the Manchester Medical Society Public Health Forum.
- Overcoming challenges: Innovative solutions in public involvement in research
6 Sep 2016 - Manchester
The NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) is holding a one day event on 6 September 2016, from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm in Manchester.
The event will be a chance to explore and share innovative and effective ways of involving members of the public in health and social care research.
Who is it for?
The event is for researchers and members of the public who are involved in health research the North West. The event is free to all, and we will pay any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred by members of the public who attend.
Attending the event will help participants gain a broader understanding of:
- opportunities for public involvement at the different stages of the research process
- the challenges in public involvement in health research and ways to overcome these
- innovative ways of designing meaningful public involvement in research.
View the event flyer here.
View the provisional programme here.
Register for the event here – note this is an external link
Improving the health and wealth of the nation through research
- Developing proposals for the NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme: A support programme for applicants - seminar
9 Sep 2016 - Manchester
This seminar is one of a series organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) to highlight national funding opportunities for applied health and social care research. The aim is to give researchers a better understanding of funding priorities, application processes and future plans and an opportunity for dialogue with panel members and successful grant holders. We will highlight Public Involvement and how the RDS NW can support you through the application process.
To reserve a place please contact Gwen Alvey, RDS NW Greater Manchester team administrator on 0161 306 8009 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the seminar flyer here.
Download the provisional programme here.
- Developing proposals for the NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme: A support programme for applicants – support afternoon
9 Sep 2016 - Manchester
Are you planning to submit a RfPB grant application in December 2016?
Do you want advice from experts on topics such as research methods, patient and public involvement and costings?
Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) is providing a support afternoon for people applying to the RfPB programme for research funding.
For those planning to submit an RfPB proposal in competition 31, we will provide a facilitated half-day support session for applicants involving one-to-one advice with a range of experts from different methodological backgrounds.
The aim is to maximise your chances of success in securing RfPB funding and to ensure your project is robust, well designed and properly supported.
- The session is open to researchers across the North West.
- There is no charge for the session.
- It is a requirement that people apply for the session via our application form, as places for research teams are limited to seven.
The session can accommodate a maximum of seven research teams. If it is oversubscribed we will prioritise those most likely to benefit from the support it provides. Others will be encouraged to access individual RDS NW support.
- Clinical trial training for investigators
19 Sep 2016 - Manchester
This course is aimed at health and research professionals, particularly those aiming to become Chief Investigators.
The programme will include:
- trial design
- trial conduct
- recruitment of trial participants
- public and patient involvement
- analysis and reporting
- health Informatics
- health economics.