- How Nurses can build a Career in Research Webinar
22 Feb 2017 -
If you believe that nurses are in the unique position on the frontline to see where the gaps are in delivering care and what questions need answering, then pursuing a clinical academic career can provide a stimulating and rewarding career pathway.
This is a special webinar specifically for nurses who would like to find out more about the opportunities available from the NIHR to pursue a career in clinical research.
This webinar will cover:
- An overview of the funding opportunities available from the NIHR for nurses to pursue a clinical academic career
- Details about the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (for non-medical professions) – including advice and guidance on applying
- Some of the challenges nurses can face and tips on how to overcome them
- A live Q&A session.
The webinar will be presented by Dr Pete Thompson, Assistant Director at the NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre and HEE/NIHR Senior Clinical Research Fellow Kirsty Winkley, Specialist Diabetes Nurse.
- NIHR Funding Opportunities for Public Health Research
16 Mar 2017 - Liverpool
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit a Public Health Research application for funding. Those thinking of other NIHR research funding streams will also benefit from attending.
What will you get from the day?
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- the importance of a well-defined research question
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW can provide in the preparation of your application.
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have a clear idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with an RDS adviser
- you let us know what the type(s) of specialist advice you will need (if known) in advance so that we can ensure an adviser is available to help you.
You can download the event flyer here.
To register your place please book here – please note that this is an external website.
- Improving the quality of efficacy and mechanisms evaluation (EME) studies: A collaborative workshop for clinicians and methodologists
23 Mar 2017 - Manchester
The aim of the workshop is to bring together statisticians, clinicians and methodologists to discuss ways to improve the design and analysis of efficacy and mechanisms evaluation (EME) studies.
There will be opportunity for discussion with experts in EME methods.
Programme and speakers include:
- Overview of aims and objectives of the NIHR/MRC EME board, Louise Brown (MRC CTU) & Carrol Gamble (University of Liverpool)
- Practical examples of EME studies, Tom Palmer (Lancaster University) & Richard Emsley (University of Manchester)
- Statistical methods for EME studies, Sabine Landau (King’s College London), Ian White (MRC CTU) & Jonathan Cook (University of Oxford)
- Advancing your Career as a Clinical Trialist
28 Mar 2017 - Leeds
This FREE event is open to any NIHR trainees interested in developing their research career in clinical trials and aspiring NIHR trainees considering applying for a NIHR personal training award to further their career in clinical trials research.
- 2017 Annual NHS R&D Forum
15 May 2017 - Manchester
The 2017 NHS R&D Forum is being held in association with the Health Research Authority. It is a event for the health and care research management, support and leadership workforce. This year’s theme is “Adding Value Together.”