- From research idea to funding application support event
12 Oct 2017, Lancaster
This RDS NW event is for health and social care professionals and researchers in the North West of England who want to develop and submit an application to an NIHR or other national competition peer reviewed research funding stream.
What will you get from the day?
For those intending to develop and submit an application to NIHR, this event will highlight:
- the funding opportunities available
- the application process
- what funders are looking for in a submission
- the importance of a well-defined research question
- how to design a study to answer your research question effectively
- building a team of collaborators
- the support that RDS NW can provide in the preparation of your application
What do I need to do?
As this event is aimed at those wanting to develop and submit a research funding application, we ask that:
- you have at least an outline idea of your research question
- you are prepared to discuss your idea with an RDS NW adviser.
Research Design Service North West
Providing design and methodological support to health and social care researchers in the North West of England to develop grant applications to the NIHR and other open national peer-reviewed funding programmes.Request advice
About the RDS – video
- New test for bowel cancer could save lives through early detection 21 September, 2017
- NIHR funds research to evaluate the health impacts of the new sugar tax on soft drinks 20 September, 2017
- World Alzheimer’s Month: your week three round-up 20 September, 2017
- Annie urges the public to learn about NHS dementia research 20 September, 2017
NIHR Funding deadlines
Receive e-mail alerts from RDS NW.
Please provide the information requested below. We will use your email only to communicate with you. We will not share it with anyone else for any reason.