The University of Southampton has been awarded a four year contract worth £3.2 million to deliver the NIHR’s Centre for Patient and Public Involvement, Participation and Engagement, taking account of the Going the Extra Mile report. To date, INVOLVE has delivered knowledge, guidance and support that is highly respected and...
In this issue: NIHR Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Efficient Study Designs Call: An information event, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the August 2015 e-bulletin here.
This event will offer an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the HTA themed call on efficient study designs and their general role across NIHR funding programmes. It will provide information about the types of proposals that NIHR is keen to encourage, but will not be a forum for...
Developing proposals for the renewed NIHR Research for Patient Benefit programme – A NIHR Research Design Service North West seminar
This seminar is one of a series organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) to highlight national funding opportunities for applied health and social care research. The aim is to give researchers a better understanding of funding priorities, application processes and future plans and an opportunity...
In this issue: renewed Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) programme, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the July 2015 e-bulletin here.
- Trials Managers’ Network: A Guide to Efficient Trial Management21 August 2015 The guide is intended as a reference tool, providing pragmatic advice and guidance to all those involved in the management of trials.
- CONSORT Statement21 August 2015
- Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative21 August 2015
- Health Research Authority guidance on trial design21 August 2015
- Standardised Protocol items: Recommendations for Interventional Trials (SPIRIT)21 August 2015
- PROSPERO21 August 2015
View all links in our link library.
Latest RDS NW self-help
- Examples of good patient and RDS NW public involvement fund applications29 June 2015 This page provide some examples of good RDS NW patient and public involvement fund awards to help in applying.
- Patient and Public Involvement Quiz29 June 2015
- The clinical trials essential links resource26 March 2015
- RDS NW patient and public involvement bursary guidance video31 March 2014
- Patient and public involvement common challenges: An information video31 March 2014
- Resources for Public Involvement in the research process30 June 2009
View all RDS NW self-help resources here.
- Developing proposals for the renewed NIHR Research for Patient Benefit programme - A NIHR Research Design Service North West seminar 9 Sep 2015, Manchester RDS Event
This seminar is one of a series organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) to highlight national funding opportunities for applied health and social care research. The aim is to give researchers a better understanding of [...]
- Clinical trial training for investigators14 Sep 2015, Manchester
- NHS R&D North West conference – Let’s Talk Research17 Sep 2015, Bolton
- Dementia Futures18 Sep 2015, Lancaster
- NIHR HTA Efficient Study Designs Call: Information events22 Sep 2015, 29 Sep 2015, 6 Oct 2015, 13 Oct 2015, RDS Event