The support available includes all aspects of research design and conduct including:
- How to formulate a research question,
- Research design for quantitative studies – including advice on randomised controlled trials, ethical issues in study design, feasibility issues, blinding and allocation to trial arms; power calculations and other underpinning statistical advice including analytical strategies,
- Advice for observational and quasi-experimental studies,
- Advice on economic aspects of studies,
- Research design for qualitative studies, including sampling strategies, data collection methods, and analysis techniques,
- Advice on how to identify and apply to appropriate funding schemes,
- Public involvement in research design and conduct,
- Advice for contacting appropriate collaborators in research.
These services are available face to face and are supported by telephone and e-mail contacts.
Online advice in provided via the section links above. To ask for advice from one of our expert advisors, please use the Request Advice Link.
Current events organised by the RDS NW can be found on the RDS NW Events page. You can also find an archive of past RDS NW events here. Here you will find information on the events as well as resources such as slides and video.