Do you have a great idea for research in health or social care? Would your team benefit from protected time and expert support to develop your idea into a competitive funding application? The NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) is providing an exceptional opportunity for researchers in health and social care...
If you have a research idea/question and need advice on appropriate funding, developing the funding application and the research design and/or help finding collaborators with the appropriate skills and knowledge to ensure the funding application has the most appropriate research team. Then the RDS NW may be able to help....
In this issue: do you have a research idea, the RDS NW could help you! , funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the October 2015 e-bulletin here.
Programme Grants will now launch three Competitions per year. The reasons for this change include: * reducing the time between calls for applicants * reducing the time taken for research to move along the research pathway and deliver meaningful results to patients * addressing the NIHR-wide push to cut application...
In this issue: NIHR Public Health Research (PHR) Programme commissioned funding: Local interventions to reduce intake and harm from alcohol, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the September 2015 e-bulletin here.
- NHS England - guidance on excess treatment costs23 November 2015 Published by NHS England this guidance helps clarify the rules and expectations on the funding of Excess Treatment Costs incurred during a non-commercial research study.
- Public involvement in research: values and principles framework3 November 2015
- Trials Managers’ Network: A Guide to Efficient Trial Management21 August 2015
- CONSORT Statement21 August 2015
- Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative21 August 2015
- Health Research Authority guidance on trial design21 August 2015
View all links in our link library.
View all NIHR funding announcements here.
- Gizmos, Gadgets and Widgets: Public involvement in the development of new technologies25 Nov 2015, Manchester
A one day Northwest People in Research Forum (NWPiRF) event including an interactive workshop aimed at bringing the public, researchers and tech developers [...]
- Clinical trials in small populations30 Nov 2015, London
- Intelligent Technologies to Support Collaborative Care Networking Event3 Dec 2015, London
- Annual R&D Forum Conference 201623 May 2016, Stratford Upon Avon
- Residential Grant Writing Retreat13 Jun 2016, Bath RDS Event
View all events here