This new resource, produce by the Research Design Service North West, aims to help you ensure an application for funding for a trial includes key considerations at each stage e.g. trial design, costs, conduct, reporting and analysis. The focus is to support clinical trials but many aspects of the guidance...
A new service offering personal advice and support on how payment of fees and expenses for public involvement might affect people in receipt of state benefits. National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) in partnership with others is offering a service that covers advice on payment of fees and expenses for...
In this Issue: common patient and public involvement (PPI) issues researchers seek advice on we advise on non-NIHR funding streams too The North West People in Research Forum update RDS NW rated highly by its clients news in brief RDS NW case studies adviser spotlight: Frontline adviser, Mersey and Cheshire Also includes events, funding opportunities and useful links/resources....
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is committed to making sure that each research study it funds has a clear and concise plain English summary. It is important that this information explains the research as a whole and is easy to read and understand. From 14 May 2014 a good...
The NIHR commissions and funds health, public health and social care research that is essential for improving the health and wealth of the nation. A key objective is to improve the quality, relevance and focus of the research we commission by distributing funds in a transparent and accountable way through...
- Journal: Research Involvement and Engagement1 July 2015 This open access journal is an interdisciplinary, health and social care journal focussing on patient and wider involvement and engagement in research, at all stages.
- Examples of good patient and RDS NW public involvement fund applications29 June 2015
- Patient and Public Involvement Quiz29 June 2015
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE: Improving the nation’s health and wellbeing through public involvement in research8 April 2015
- The clinical trials essential links resource26 March 2015
- North West People in Research Forum: Training, Learning and Development4 February 2015
View all links in our link library.
View all NIHR funding announcements here.
- Developing proposals for Research for Patient Benefit - mock panel event 10 Jul 2015, Liverpool RDS NW Event
This mock panel event is one of a series organised by the NIHR Research Design Service North West (RDS NW) to support bids that are near to submission. The aim is to give researchers a better [...]
- NHS R&D North West conference – Let’s Talk Research17 Sep 2015, Bolton
- Researching complex interventions in health14 Oct 2015, Exeter
- E-trials in the North West: Research Meeting19 Oct 2015, Manchester
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP)16 Nov 2015, Oxford
View all events here