If you have a research idea/question and need advice on appropriate funding, developing the funding application and the research design and/or help finding collaborators with the appropriate skills and knowledge to ensure the funding application has the most appropriate research team. Then the RDS NW may be able to help....
In this issue: do you have a research idea, the RDS NW could help you! , funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the October 2015 e-bulletin here.
Programme Grants will now launch three Competitions per year. The reasons for this change include: * reducing the time between calls for applicants * reducing the time taken for research to move along the research pathway and deliver meaningful results to patients * addressing the NIHR-wide push to cut application...
In this issue: NIHR Public Health Research (PHR) Programme commissioned funding: Local interventions to reduce intake and harm from alcohol, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the September 2015 e-bulletin here.
The University of Southampton has been awarded a four year contract worth £3.2 million to deliver the NIHR’s Centre for Patient and Public Involvement, Participation and Engagement, taking account of the Going the Extra Mile report. To date, INVOLVE has delivered knowledge, guidance and support that is highly respected and...
- Trials Managers’ Network: A Guide to Efficient Trial Management21 August 2015 The guide is intended as a reference tool, providing pragmatic advice and guidance to all those involved in the management of trials.
- CONSORT Statement21 August 2015
- Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative21 August 2015
- Health Research Authority guidance on trial design21 August 2015
- Standardised Protocol items: Recommendations for Interventional Trials (SPIRIT)21 August 2015
- PROSPERO21 August 2015
View all links in our link library.
View all NIHR funding announcements here.
- Researching complex interventions in health14 Oct 2015, Exeter
This conference will bring together leading international contributors from the field of complex interventions for two days of presentations, workshops and discussion on the latest thinking in applied clinical health services [...]
- E-trials in the North West: Research Meeting19 Oct 2015, Manchester
- NHS R&D Forum: Archiving Master Class20 Oct 2015, Manchester
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP)16 Nov 2015, Oxford
- 3rd International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference16 Nov 2015, Glasgow
View all events here