In this issue: NIHR Public Health Research (PHR) Programme commissioned funding: Local interventions to reduce intake and harm from alcohol, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the September 2015 e-bulletin here.
The University of Southampton has been awarded a four year contract worth £3.2 million to deliver the NIHR’s Centre for Patient and Public Involvement, Participation and Engagement, taking account of the Going the Extra Mile report. To date, INVOLVE has delivered knowledge, guidance and support that is highly respected and...
In this issue: NIHR Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Efficient Study Designs Call: An information event, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the August 2015 e-bulletin here.
This event will offer an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the HTA themed call on efficient study designs and their general role across NIHR funding programmes. It will provide information about the types of proposals that NIHR is keen to encourage, but will not be a forum for...
In this issue: renewed Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) programme, funding opportunities, events and training, approaching funding deadlines. Download the July 2015 e-bulletin here.
- Trials Managers’ Network: A Guide to Efficient Trial Management21 August 2015 The guide is intended as a reference tool, providing pragmatic advice and guidance to all those involved in the management of trials.
- CONSORT Statement21 August 2015
- Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative21 August 2015
- Health Research Authority guidance on trial design21 August 2015
- Standardised Protocol items: Recommendations for Interventional Trials (SPIRIT)21 August 2015
- PROSPERO21 August 2015
View all links in our link library.
View all NIHR funding announcements here.
- NHS R&D North West – WEBINAR SERIES – Keep up the Energy12 Oct 2015,
The excitement of ‘being a researcher’ can wear thin when the reality of the different, and sometimes mundane demands, hit. This session will explore what happens when you learn to draw more on your strengths and bring them to bear on the [...]
- Researching complex interventions in health14 Oct 2015, Exeter
- E-trials in the North West: Research Meeting19 Oct 2015, Manchester
- NHS R&D Forum: Archiving Master Class20 Oct 2015, Manchester
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP)16 Nov 2015, Oxford
View all events here